Using the latest 3D CAD software in conjunction with years of moulding and terminal insertion experience, the Miles-Platts engineering team are able to design products with superior functionality built in. Miles-Platts are able to provide a complete design service for plastic injected components from initial concepts, through to rapid prototype samples and final production.
- Component Design - complete custom design service for precision technical mouldings and assemblies
- Rapid prototypes - accurate models can be created from 3D CAD designs within days
- Metal to plastic - advice on converting metal parts to plastic
- Experience in engineering polymers - advice on the correct selection of demanding materials with high specifications
- Supplier partnerships - technical knowledge, advice and the latest material information from leading polymer manufacturers
- Precision engineering - advice on achieving precise tolerances and intricate details
- Design for manufacture - component designs to optimise injection moulding and subsequent manufacturing processes
Due to the composite nature of Miles-Platts tooling, minor modifications to standard products can often be easily made allowing customers to create custom versions of the standard products.
For more than 20 years, DuPont has been a competent development partner to Miles-Platts Limited in the manufacture of thermoplastic coil bobbins. From material testing and supply, to mould design and analysis, DuPont has aided Miles-Platts in material selection to achieve the rigorous quality criteria now demanded by modern electrical and electronic technology.
We firmly believe that both companies share common goals - to support new product development and support customers to innovate - and for that reason, DuPont looks forward to many more years of successful collaboration.
DuPont (UK) Limited, Maylands Avenue, Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP2 7DP
Tel: +44 (0)1442 218547 - Fax: +44 (0)1442 218646 - Web: www.plastics.dupont.com